Tuesday, March 25, 2008

[CORRECTED] Even Hillary Clinton's Former Church Supports Rev. Wright!

GOD IS TOO GOOD!

A STATEMENT CONCERNING THE REV. JEREMIAH WRIGHT The Reverend Jeremiah Wright is an outstanding church leader whom I have heard speak a number of times. He has served for decades as a profound voice for justice and inclusion in our society. He has been a vocal critic of the racism, sexism and homophobia which still tarnish the American dream. To evaluate his dynamic ministry on the basis of two or three sound bites does a grave injustice to Dr. Wright, the members of his congregation, and the African-American church which has been the spiritual refuge of a people that has suffered from discrimination, disadvantage, and violence. Dr. Wright, a member of an integrated denomination, has been an agent of racial reconciliation while proclaiming perceptions and truths uncomfortable for some white people to hear. Those of us who are white Americans would do well to listen carefully to Dr. Wright rather than to use a few of his quotes to polarize. This is a critical time in America's history as we seek to repent of our racism. No matter which candidates prevail, let us use this time to listen again to one another and not to distort one another's truth.

Dean J. Snyder,
Senior Minister Foundry United Methodist Church
March 19, 2008


Here are some additional sources :
Politico
Huffington Post
Foundry United Methodist Church



Thanks des52!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this!

I hope everyone at Trinity knows that lots of people across America are watching those sermons on YouTube and are calling those media outlets on their slander. I called CNN and sent them an email. What's more, I actually went back to church for Easter and have been praying for you guys! And I'm white (big deal) but progressive Christians do not let each other be attacked without saying something. I'm sure you'll see more of this support in the weeks to come.

You remember how a lot of people were wearing those "WWJD?" bracelets--"what would Jesus do?" I think progressive Christians know what Jesus would do and we're trying to do it.

Anonymous said...

Bless Rev. Snyder for his goodness and courage to speak the truth!
--Ariane

Anonymous said...

Sen. Clinton wouldn't choose Wright, but she has chosen a pastor who would! Outrageous. I cannot believe that she has chosen to join in the crucifixion of Wright and the lynching of your church.

As evidenced by my compulsive blogging on this issue, I am absolutely livid at the sheer evil of what is happening here.

Thanks for letting me comment, and check out my blog on this:

http://euddoggwyn.blogspot.com/2008/03/hillary-i-wouldnt-choose-wright-but-her.html

Anonymous said...

Sir, Wright's sermons have galvanaized me. You may not be aware but the UCC website has been under assault for the "What kind of Prophet " sermon. I was able to stem the tide with some Sunday School Christianity and a few facts, but I suggest you guys patrol that site (assuming there's more than one of you).

http://www.ucc.org/news/responding-to-wright.html

The election could very well rest on the truth coming out. What you do here could decide the fate of America.

- not a hannity drone

Anonymous said...

I can't pretend to know what Rev. Wright and this church are feeling about this terrible injustice created by the News Media, but, I can know for sure, that God is faithful and he never fails us, if we seek him first.

I'm praying for all of you and for our country.

When things go wrong, many times, God reminds me of the verse "Be Still and KNOW that I am God".

God's people have his love to sustain us, no matter what trials and tribulations befall.

Believer's rally around this church!!

Anonymous said...

Hillary isn't supporting Trinity because Rev. Wright said that her husband "did us just like he did Monica Lewinsky." If someone were slandering your husband, would you want to go to that church?

I've loved many of Wright's sermons, but I think there needs to be at least a little bit of balance here.

des52 said...

anonymous opined that Hillary wasn't supporting the church because of what Wright said about her hubby. But she had no problem with Wright being there for her hubby when the Lewinsky scandal broke. So while you are trying to add balance, why not check out the photo of Wright at the White House?